Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Laura Lightbown joins Brent Butt's Sparrow Media

Laura Lightbown, one of Canada's most successful and influential female TV execs, is the new vice-president of Brent Butt's (Corner Gas) Sparrow Media production company.

“There are several great opportunities being presented to me right now. I know how important it is to have a smart, experienced person helping to navigate the waters,” said Butt, in a released statement. “Laura is that person. I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have joining me at the helm.”

Lightbown has produced more than 130 hours of award winning, prime-time drama in the past decade and until recently served as CEO of Vancouver's Haddock Entertainment, the prodco behind Da Vinci's Inquest, also Da Vinci’s City Hall, Intelligence and The Life. She's a board member of the Canadian Film and Television Producers Association (CFTPA).

“I want to use my skills to bring the best work to light in this country,” said Lightbown. “Brent is one of the most accomplished and exciting content creators in Canada and I know this will be a very successful collaboration.”

No comments: